With Rainbow Bridge, moving assets from Ethereum to NEAR’s EVM-compatible layer has become one of the most seamless and hassle-free experience in DeFi, To get started:
- Go to https://rainbowbridge.app/transfer
- By default, the bridge is set to outbound transactions from Aurora to Ethereum. Click on the Toggle button shown in the screenshot below to switch it to an inbound setting i.e. moving from Ethereum to Aurora.
3. Click on the Connect button to have Metamask pop-up
4. When Metamask pops up, click on Next
5. Click on Connect
6. Now that you’re connected, click on “Begin a new transfer” to take you to the token selection interface for selecting the asset you want to bridge over to Aurora
7. On the token selection page, you will be shown the supported assets in your wallet that you can bridge from Ethereum to Aurora after a brief scan. In this example, we will be selecting $PAD token.
Please note that the bridge only supports a curated list of tokens with more being added. Also note that you can’t select multiple assets to move
8. After selecting the asset to move, wait a couple of seconds for the amount in your wallet to be scanned and reflected. You may now choose to send all by clicking on the amount show after “Max” or input the specific amount you want to send. Afterward, click on “Continue”
9. Click on “Approve Transfer” to initiate Metamask.
10. Locate your Metamask and click on “Confirm” to pay the gas fee to allow the bridge contract to interact with the asset. This is the first of 2 transactions.
11. After the transaction has been mined, now click on “Confirm Transfer” on the Bridge’s dashboard.
12. Once again, locate your Metamask and “Confirm” the transaction. This is the final gas paying operation.
13. Congrats! Your transfer is now on its way to Aurora and it shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to arrive! You may click on “Go to my transfer” to see it status.